Amy Waterman, PhD
- Research Director, National Kidney Registry
- Chair for Clinical Research in Transplant Medicine, Houston Methodist Hospital
- Professor of Outcomes Research in Surgery, Academic Institute
Amy Waterman, PhD, is the NKR Research Director and the Chair of the Research Committee. She is a national transplant innovator and the Deborah C. and Clifton B. Phillips Centennial Chair for Clinical Research in Transplant Medicine at the J.C. Walter Jr. Transplant Center at Houston Methodist Hospital.
In addition to many national transplant leadership positions, Dr. Waterman is a Fellow of the American Society of Transplantation. In 2018, she received the ClearMark Award of Distinction from the Center for Plain Language for her interactive digital application, My Transplant Coach, as well as a National Health Information Merit Award for two educational initiatives developed by Explore Transplant, a nonprofit consortium Dr. Waterman founded. In 2016, Dr. Waterman was invited to be the keynote speaker at the White House Organ Donation Summit.
Through her research and educational initiatives, Dr. Waterman seeks to 1) understand the critical, modifiable patient, provider, and system barriers to donation and 2) design interventions to overcome them. Dr. Waterman’s research has been supported by over $25 million dollars in federal grants, and she has authored approximately 100 research articles and book chapters. She has designed 13 educational programs to help patients and potential living donors make informed transplant decisions. These programs have been disseminated to patients in hundreds of dialysis and transplant settings in the United States, Canada and South Africa, in multiple languages.
Dr. Waterman received her PhD in Social Psychology from Washington University, St. Louis, MO.
- Garet HilFounder and Chief Executive Officer
- Matthew Cooper, MDSurgical Director
- Michael Cecka, PhDLab Director
- Karen Miller, RNChair, Operations Committee
- Michael LolloChief Strategy Officer
- Kevin NelsonChief Information Officer
- Ryan MeehanChief Operations Officer, Chief Financial Officer
- Samantha HilDirector of Marketing, Microsite Product Manager
- Timothy Wan, Esq.Corporate Counsel
- Joe SinacoreVice President, Network Development
- Eusebio (EJ) TamezHead Donor Search Coach