David Serur, MD
- Medical Director, National Kidney Registry
- Professor, Dept of Internal Medicine, Hackensack School of Medicine
- Medical Director, Kidney Transplantation, Hackensack University Medical Center, Division of Organ Transplantation
Dr. David Serur, the volunteer Medical Director of the National Kidney Registry, has been involved in kidney paired exchange since its inception at Cornell in 2008. Dr. Serur joined New York Presbyterian Weill Cornell in 1991 with an interest in clinical transplantation and became Medical Director of the kidney transplant program in 2007.
In 2020, Dr. Serur joined the Division of Organ Transplantation at Hackensack University Medical Center as Medical Director, where he performs and manages kidney, pancreas, and simultaneous kidney/pancreas transplantation.
Dr. Serur was one of the earliest proponents of offering kidney transplantation to HIV patients on dialysis, something that many thought was too risky but is now routinely done. Recent interests have been in studying non-directed donors and donors within paired exchange. He serves on the editorial board of the journals Transplantation and Progress in Transplantation and served on the medical boards of the NY Organ Donor Network and the Manhattan chapter of TRIO, the transplant recipient organization. He also serves on the board of directors of AFDT (American Foundation for Donation and Transplantation) since 2017.
Dr. Serur served on the executive committee of the AST Living Donor Community of Practice and has recently chaired committees in national consensus conferences: the KPD consensus conference and Best Practices in Living Donation conference. Recently he developed an online educational tool kit for living donor transplantation. In March 2016, he visited the White House to advise the White House National Economics Council on ways to promote organ donation and remove disincentives from live donors and then joined the White House Organ Summit in June 2016.
- Garet HilFounder and Chief Executive Officer
- Matthew Cooper, MDSurgical Director
- Michael Cecka, PhDLab Director
- Amy Waterman, PhDResearch Director
- Karen Miller, RNChair, Operations Committee
- Timothy Wan, Esq.Corporate Counsel
- Samantha HilProject Manager
- Tom D'AlessandroChief Financial Officer
- Larry McMahonDirector of Operations
- Kevin NelsonChief Information Officer
- Matthew RoninDirector of Research & Technology
- Joe SinacoreDirector of Education & Development
- Andre CarvalhoManager, Operations