Eusebio (EJ) Tamez
- Head Donor Search Coach
EJ Tamez joins the National Kidney Registry as Head Donor Search Coach, with the primary focus of achieving 400 living donor Microsite patient transplants in 2023. EJ brings over 27 years of multicultural leadership experience within various industries throughout the U.S. and Mexico. He comes to the NKR from Howmet Aerospace, where he led Capital Investment Management and New Program transfers across different facilities. EJ is Green Belt Certified in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles. Prior to Howmet, he worked at Del Monte Foods, where he led the implementation of a Continuous Improvement strategy.
EJ holds an undergraduate degree in International Business from Saint Mary’s University in San Antonio, Texas and an MBA from Sul Ross State University in Alpine, Texas.
EJ became a living kidney donor when he donated a kidney to his younger brother, Luis Tamez. Since the transplant surgery, Luis and EJ have become enthusiastic public speakers advocating for organ donation. Speaking at medical seminars and transplant surgery events around the country, the two share their personal experiences, including the challenges and triumphs.
EJ’s passion is spreading awareness about the need for kidney donations. He also serves as a valuable resource to other potential living kidney donors and recipients with the National Kidney Donation Organization. Recently he completed certification to become an Independent Living Donor Advocate (ILDA), sponsored by the American Society of Transplantation (AST).
EJ has lived in Del Rio since 2011. He resides there with his wife, Iliana, and three active teenage sons. He is a member of the Knights of Columbus and enjoys participating in half Ironmans, scuba diving and riding his motorcycle.
- Garet HilFounder and Chief Executive Officer
- Matthew Cooper, MDSurgical Director
- Michael Cecka, PhDLab Director
- Karen Miller, RNChair, Operations Committee
- Amy Waterman, PhDResearch Director
- Michael LolloChief Strategy Officer
- Kevin NelsonChief Information Officer
- Ryan MeehanChief Operations Officer, Chief Financial Officer
- Samantha HilDirector of Marketing, Microsite Product Manager
- Timothy Wan, Esq.Corporate Counsel
- Joe SinacoreVice President, Network Development